Terms & Conditions
1. ‘Glowbug Design’ is Rebecca Hill as sole proprietor of Glowbug Design & Illustrations.
2. ‘The Client’ is the party making a booking for illustration and design related services from Glowbug Design & Illustrations.
3. ‘An Order’ is the request for services from Glowbug Design
4. ‘The project’ is a term used to describe service from Glowbug Design & Illustrations.
The terms and conditions apply to all dealings between The Client and Glowbug Design & Illustrations. By placing an order with Glowbug Design & Illustrations, you as a Client are forming a legally binding contract for services and you agree to the following terms & conditions.
• All quotes are valid for 7 days only.
• All prices are excluding HST unless otherwise stated.
• All prices are in Canadian Dollars.
• Any additional work outside the terms of the quote will be charged at an hourly rate of $50 per/hour.
• A 50% non-refundable booking deposit is required before starting any portraits or design project over $500.
• All portraits and design projects under $500 require to be paid in full upfront.
• All overseas clients are required to pay 100% upfront regardless of the project price.
• Payments are to be made either by bank deposit transfer or cheque.
• All invoice terms are 5 business days from the date of the invoice.
• Accounts which are not paid on time will incur a late administration fee of $50 + HST.
• Final artwork files will not be handed over until the invoice has been paid in full.
• All printing invoices must be paid prior to sending the artwork to print.
• All work not completed within a 2 month period will be invoiced regardless.
• Payment is required for any artwork or drafts, that have been terminated on your request at any stage of development, prior to completion. Invoice will be issued as ‘work to date’.
• If debt collection is required for unpaid invoices, The Client is responsible for any costs incurred (fees/commissions payable to the
• The Client may cancel this Agreement for any reason by providing a minimum of 10 days written notice to Company, any deposit paid prior to cancellation will be non-refundable.
• Glowbug Design & Illustrations may cancel this Agreement at any time for any reason by providing written notice to The Client. In the event that Glowbug Design & Illustrations cancels this Agreement, Glowbug Design & Illustrations will provide any artwork completed and paid for to date.
• Glowbug Design & Illustrations cannot guarantee the outcome of design services or the likeness of a portrait and the client’s comments about the outcome are expressions of opinion only.
• The Client acknowledges that Glowbug Design & Illustrations cannot guarantee any results for design as outcomes are based on subjective factors that cannot be controlled by Glowbug Design & Illustrations.
• Glowbug Design & Illustrations is an online business therefore the majority of our communication is made via email, this helps us keep track of specific requirements & any changes required.
• If you would like to chat with us on the phone or via skype we are happy to do so, however we ask that you please email us and make an appointment for a time to chat.
• The Client must only submit photos that they own the intellectual property of. If using any photos taken by a third party, the Client is responsible for obtaining the necessary intellectual property releases in writing. Glowbug Design & Illustration does not take responsibility for copyright violations arising from artwork the Client submits.
• Glowbug Design & Illustration retains the intellectual property of the artwork, and the Client may not reproduce the art without permission.
• Upon full payment of the completed project, the Client has the right to refuse the use of their subject’s likeness being reproduced commercially by Glowbug Design & Illustrations.
• By signing the Welcome Pack document the client agrees that Glowbug Design & Illustrations have the rights to use completed projects and concept artwork for the purpose of marketing Glowbug Design & Illustrations.
• All images displayed on the Glowbug Design & Illustrations website or facebook page are subject to copyright, and must not be copied or used without full permission from Glowbug Design & Illustrations and the Client. Any breach of copyright will result in legal action being taken as necessary.
• The Client allows Glowbug Design & Illustrations to display any projects on the Glowbug Design & Illustrations website/ facebook page/ and portfolio for self promotion purposes.
• The Client agrees to allow Glowbug Design & Illustrations to credit design work on all websites designed by Glowbug Design & Illustrations.
• Glowbug Design & Illustrations will make every effort to meet deadlines. All quoted turnaround times are approximate. Glowbug Design & Illustrations will not be held responsible or liable for any costs resulting from late artwork or printing deliveries.
• Approval is required for all projects, via email prior to work being released.
• Whilst all care is taken by Glowbug Design & Illustrations, Glowbug Design & Illustrations is not responsible for any spelling, grammatical, numerical errors or omissions after final approval. Even if these errors are from Glowbug Design & Illustrations, it is the Client’s responsibility to proof read and check thoroughly their projects to identify any errors prior to approval.
• Some designs may contain stock images that are available for purchase.
• Any images supplied by the Client must be provided in high resolution and preferably in CMYK. Glowbug Design & Illustrations is not responsible for colour variations in conversion from RGB to process CMYK.
• Glowbug Design & Illustrations is not responsible for the reproduction quality of supplied images.
COLOUR MATCHING & PRINTING
• Whilst all care is taken, Glowbug Design & Illustrations does not take responsibility for Client supplied artwork that does not print properly.
• Please note that colour on projects can vary from screen to final product. Screen proofing is not indicative of final printed piece.
Printed colours can vary from printer to printer, job to job, run to run, or even front to back, due to the nature of the CMYK printing
• Trimming can vary from printer to printer.
• Glowbug Design & Illustrations does not guarantee shipping or cover shipping costs unless expressed. If you choose uninsured and untracked shipping, Glowbug Design & Illustrations is not responsible if the final product does arrive.